Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Celebrate!

So this day turned out to be GREAT.  Why?  I GOT A RAISE AT WORK!!!  I work for a company that sells commercial furniture, security products among other random things... and have been there for about 4 years.   We recently bought another company out so I'll be adding more to my workload.  Just recently I added 'hand model' to my line of work, for our most recent brochure.&nbsYou'd be floored at all the theft that happens at libraries. We sell direct to Public Libraries and college libraries :)  So if you're planning on stealing a DVD from a library, don't even THINK about it!

I get to travel 4-6 times a year, to attend LIBRARY TRADE SHOWS.  Now, I know what you're thinking, how CAN she party so hard?  These librarians are out-of-con-trol I'm telling you.  Basically, there's one thing you need to know about most librarians: They're looking for free stuff, and free stuff only.  Once you start introducing your product they're outta there.  Sometimes they'll even pick up props from our booth and say "is this free?".  Overall, I look forward to these trips.  I've been to a ton of great cities since working here.  I love going to California shows the most.  Only major city I haven't been yet:  New York City.  It's my dream to go there.  I plan shopping excursions every time I travel for work too. Got this dress from Zara (we dont have Zara's in the midwest!) last month when I was in Washington DC:



On a sad note, I was excited to find some boot wedges at Zara that I had been eyeing on Ebay.  I bought them a size too big :X  They say size 39 on the bottom.  I'm a 7 so I'm guessing 39 is an 8? If anyone is interested, comment and I'd be happy to sell them.  Bought them for $70 and they've never been worn!



My shows for the rest of the year include: Wisconsin, down the road at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells.  Michigan, Acme (Traverse City).  Ohio, Columbus. And Illinois at Navy Pier!  Pumped for shopping on Michigan Ave!! 

In blog news, my friend Merl asked me to guest blog for her while she's away on vay-cay...
Head over to Clyde's Rebirth and check out my guest blog. 

In P90X news, I did CORE yesterday and it wasn't that bad.  I'm exhausted but I HAVE to find the energy to do Cardio X tonight.  

Makeup news: I want to try this eyeliner look out.  Saw it on Vintage Vandalism's blog

I have friday off and am going on a zip-line tour in the Dells with my bf.  Read today on the news that a 12 year old girl from Florida was in the Dells this past weekend and FELL 100 feet from a free fall attraction (looks kinda like bungee jump) and the net wasn't out, so she hit concrete.  She survived but is probably going to be paralyzed.  Tragic.  Here's the story.

Hopefully I'll have happy pictures from my Dells experience to share... :)  



Sanitize and EXIT.

1 comment:

  1. Dollface! Thank you for shouting me out on this post! P.S list those boots on EBAY and I will buy them ASAP. I will pay you exactly what you paid for them! I have been looking for these boots for FOREVER! Email me when you do vintagevandalizm@gmail.com XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete