Friday, February 8, 2013

Runs to Beyonce


This weeks workouts:
Monday: Body Pump (YMCA)- hurt my back squatting too much weight :/
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Body Pump, felt much better
Thursday: 5 miles on treadmill
Friday: tonight I'll run or rest
Tomorrow I'm hoping to make it to the 8:35 am body pump

Last night's walk to the gym:


After the gym, it had been snowing so hard that my footprints were gone:




TGiF!
Just in time for spring training motivation: King Beyonce comes out and kills the superbowl halftime show last Sunday. My YMCA recently got treadmills with fancy personal tv screens on each one, and that are compatible with iPhones so last night I scanned the Internet for ways to download videos to my iPhone to watch while I run. I absolutely love watching Beyonces live performances and what better way to find motivation during a boring treadmill run than to watch bey bey own the stage...

Her Sweet Dreams perfromance from the 2009 Ema's

At first I tried downloading her performances from whatever google search came up first (shady, I know, and not very safe) but the files were not compatible with iTunes and it was difficult to convert them (as in the "converter software" literally shut off my laptop and deleted my iTunes) So I searched for ways to download videos directly from YouTube and found this: if you download the "Opera" web browser and install the YouTube add-on it adds a download button to every YouTube video... So voila- in no time at all I was sprinting (ok jogging) on the treadmill to Bey's 14 min halftime performance , Run the World Billboard performance, Freakum dress, Upgrade You, and Ring the Alarm MTV performances. Take THAT HGTV. 


How mean! Haha 
Poor Bey :( 
  

I ended up running 5 miles in just over 53 minutes and my average pace was 5.9 mph which comes out to about 10 min miles but that included my 3 min warm up and cool down. Not bad. I wish the workout summary would break up the workout by miles..pff. At my 3rd mile in I get a text on my phone from a friend that lives in Chicago, reading "Beyonce, July 17th, concert tickets, $85, you in?". My heart exploded! I saw her in concert a few years ago in Chicago with the same friend so I know it will be a blast.. If I don't get sick and have to hang my head out the limo window the whole way home...

In other news, my other friend and I just decided to run the Rock'n'Roll half marathon in San Diego on June 2nd, so it's actually time to start training for real. I prefer running outside and actually prefer cold temp runs here in the chilly Midwest but it's been snowing nonstop and the sidewalks are too slippery. I usually run with the ismoothrun app on my iPhone to track time/distance but it doesn't work that well on the treadmill. I usually just manually input my treadmill runs. I also have the runkeeper app and noticed that they now have training plans built into the app which is awesome. My 1st half marathon was last year in Madison, and my time was 2 hours 5 min, BUT it was sooo hot out (high of 93 degrees and they even cancelled the full marathon) so I like to think I would have been faster had it not been close to 100 degrees out haha. So for the half in San Diego I think I want to aim for under 2 hours. Whats the weather like in SD in June?! ah... So, here's my training plan via runkeeper:



















No comments:

Post a Comment