Wednesday, September 15, 2010

If I could blog from the shower...

Where do I start.  I just got out of the shower and I always have a million things running through my head in there.  Well, I'll start off with what's been going on for the past two weeks.  It all started when someone died on Sept 1st who happened to be my best friend.  Dogs don't criticize, yell, cheat, steal (except for food), lie, judge, or make you cry.  My Gabby was sick for only a few days and as I sat with her for the last hour of her life I just hoped she knew how much my whole family loved her...

She was the sweetest girl and was truly a part of my family. If you're ever looking for a good, smart, sweet type of dog, Australian shepherds are the way to go!

Photobucket


Sorry to be such a downer!  Let's move on to fun happy thoughts...  Tomorrow I will be attending my coworker and close friend Lyndsay and Jon's ultrasound!  They'll be finding out what type of bun is in the oven?  French baugette?  Wheat?  Roll?  Chips?  Apple?  (Ok last two were a Panera joke)...baby panda?  Lyndsay has been wishin' and hopin' for a girl, but has a feeling it's a boy.  I have a feeling its a boy, and it will have a five o'clock shadow if he resembles his dad too much! She's due in February and I cannot wait!  I kind of feel pregnant myself since I see her everyday.  The first month or two I would eat everything she couldn't because she was a sick girl.... And now that she IS hungry.. well read on: 

Funny story, cuz I always laugh with Lyndsay - I was driving her to Burger King today at lunch (ahem, I ate there too ok?) and while sitting at a red light a semi trailer transporting cows drove past and a cow MOOED at me right as it was passing my open window... Talk about buzz kill. Lyndsay is probably at home still laughing at this very moment.


So back to the past two weeks:  I have NOT worked out since September first!  The whole Gabby thing set it off of course, but I just haven't been able to 'press play' as Tony Horton says.  I switched over to doing "Insanity" workout vs P90X and saw faster results, so tonight I finally got my ars off the couch and bounced around for a while.  Shits hard.  But I feel good and less nauseous as usual...  My cats taunt me still by the way.  Walk past me, dangle from the tv, walk through my legs, lives in danger, lay down and roll around inches from my shoes.  They think they're funny.


So that's been my past two weeks.  I've also slowly removed my hands from the boyf's neck (not literally), and am hoping I'm easier to get along with :/ Stress can effect so many parts of life.  But he's cute so I need  him around:

a SMILE?!

As of tomorrow I will be eating healthier.  One, because I get paid tomorrow and can go grocery shopping, and two, because I actually enjoy drinking these:

Photobucket



Photobucket


INGREDIENTS FOR A GREEN MONSTER:
  • SPINACH (YES)
  • Banana
  • Milk
  • Frozen strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
  • Flax seeds
  • Ice cubes
I'm not kidding you, it is so good.   Don't knock it til you try it...
Even boyface liked it.



Scatterbrained last thoughts:

I've been thinking a lot lately about the idea of keeping up with my blog. I go back and forth because part of me sees it as documenting your life for strangers (and a few friends..) to stumble across, or check in on if they're bored lol.  I'm also not the most interesting writer, and I don't have nearly enough time to make it look pretty or add all the pictures I want. I almost wanted to delete my blog because I'd rather spend my life living it, not documenting it, and honestly there are 1,500 other things I should probably be doing. But then I remembered something I came across while going organizing one of my kitchen drawers last week.  It was a personal daily planner from 2009.  I hesitated to throw it away like all the other times I've tossed one of those books with scribbles, appointments, un-done tasks, and the occasional "florida trip!" or "no work today! Getting a tan!".  I get this sentimental feeling, and while Allan will say it's a hoarder tendency (love that show), I like coming across something or some time I forgot.  So maybe, when I'm 80 and computer screens are engraved into the backs of our eyelids I can browse through these days and smile, cry, remember, laugh, cringe, whatever.  I have a really bad memory, so that's my excuse for now :)

Ok this is funny, and ironic, because I am getting another computer screen in my CUBE FARM (sore subject) because I need two emails since I'm taking on customer service for another part of our company.  I was like, ever heard of another window?  Pretty sure you can have two emails on one computer but hey, job security for someone...  haha!
 

I'll leave you with this, because I'm fancy:


Photobucket



mmm girrrrl.

3 comments:

  1. Man, what I wouldn't GIVE to hear what Rhianna said to Katy Perry! Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And my deepest condolences for losing your dog. I know it hurts, but I'm sure she was loved 100% by you and had a wonderful life. Keep your head up, girl. And just so you know, I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments :) Rihanna said "you fancy?" to Katy Perry cuz they just watched Drake's "Fancy" performance at the VMAS. I'm not obsessed :/ haha

    ReplyDelete