Wednesday, July 28, 2010

And THEN I started P90x

I've heard a lot about P90x and was convinced that it worked, but up until yesterday I hadn't found the motivation to do it.  My bf brought it over and wham - i was ready and willing.  I even went to wally-world to pick up a set of 5 and 8 pound weights, and a yoga mat.  On the way to the store, I wasn't even discouraged when I realized my driver's side front tire was almost flat while waiting for a train to pass the intersection I was 25 cars away from.  Pat on back.

Looking at everything included in the p90x 'kit' was a little overwhelming, but being as anal as I am, I had researched many blogs and websites before taking my first look at the actual system.  I had found the worksheet printouts, which my bf also printed out (IN COLOR, he loves me), and started there.  There's multiple versions of P90x, such as Classic, Classic +, Lean, Lean +, X+Doubles, Double P90x, and while these titles look a little like something out of 8th grade math, they're actually different variations of workouts, in specific weekly schedules, each aiming at different goals for different bodytypes.  I'm doing the 'Lean' version, to slim down and tone up my muscles - if they're still willing to do such a thing.

SO, drumroll:  DAY 1

Yes I took before pictures and no i won't post them....Yet.  I'm 5'4" and curvy.  Not chubby curvy, but curvy.  I weigh anywhere between 145-148 depending on the time of month.  I like my body, but just want to feel more comfortable in my clothes.  My goal is to get back into a pair of Juicy jeans I wore 4 years ago.  I believe they're size 27.  I'll take a picture for my next blog :)  Maybe I'll even include a shot of the PILES of jeans that I don't fit in :( Oh yeah, and my bf's body is in immaculate condition. Keep in mind his metabolism is lightyears away from mine, and his body oozes muscles even if he misses a whole month of workouts.  People mistake him for the Hulk when he wears green... But now he works out almost daily.  He also plays football.  So imagine being around that every day... 

Physical activities from my past: Tae bo (love it), running (i'll go about 3-4 miles a pop), volleyball, basketball, softball (yes it was YEARS ago but I played in H.S.)

The first workout on my P90x extravaganza was Core Syntergistics.  I was wrong to assume it would be all crunches from the floor.  The only time we were touching the floor with anything but our feet was when we were doing planks, various forms of planks, or 'banana' rolls. I hate bananas now.  You start on your back and roll to your side, withOUT using your hands or feet, and hold the position before rolling back.  My good friend Sarah introduced me to these a while back when I did some circuit training with her.  It's easier on carpet :/

I felt good througout the beginning of the workout, and actually laughed 'out loud' at some of the trainer's jokes.  He's random.  Glad he wasn't blandly repeating "focus on your core, breathe, don't give up, you can do it".  And extra bonus that they don't COUNT every SINGLE rep.  That bugs me.  Only gripe is that the clock countdown is shown on the screen.  My cats were a good enough distraction from that though, thankfully.  They're gonna get smooshed sometime soon, I can feel it...  Oh and the blonde chick is a showoff.  Annoying.

I do need to get a larger yoga mat/workout mat, I have wood floors and when doing the banana rolls I went onto the wood, slathering it with my sweat, and sliding into a more slanted 'roll'.  I used my 5lb dumbbells for the few excersizes that incorporated weights.  And apparently there are no worksheets for this workout, so I jotted down the reps that I did, and the weight, on a few of the moves.  I made my own worksheet in excel today so I'll be documenting that next time.  I'm turning into my Dad: I'm starting to use excel spreadsheets for everything! "Analytical analyzer". 

Close to the end of last nights workout I got that nauseous feeling and started to sit down between moves.  Sweat was pouring.  After the workout was done i laid there, trying not to heave.  Bf called while I was regaining my composure, and I think i played it off well...

How I feel today:  Really good.  I'm not painfully sore, but I can feel where the workout targeted:  my sides, arms, butt, and tummy = CORE.  I also only gave about 65% during this workout because I didn't want to be worn out for tomorrow's next doozer:  Cardio.  I also at e a little more than usual today.  A couple weeks ago I started really cutting back on my carbs, losing about 4 lbs in the first 2 weeks.  I slipped up a few times but I think after getting back on that strict diet, and combining the P90x, that extra 15lbs will start melting off.  And then... HELLO SWIMSUIT MODEL PLAYBOY BUNNY MAXIM HOTTIE..

OH, and how ironic:  I show up to work today to find out that my uncle who also works with me, started P90x last night too!  He's doing the 'classic version' so we won't be on the same workout schedule.  He wants to be all bulky and buff.  But great, now I really gotta stay on track.  He ran a marathon a little while back.  He'd come into work at 8am talking about that morning's 5 mile run, and I'd be shoving bagels and donuts in my mouth.

That's all folks, I'll try to keep this updated at least every week :)

~Chubby KT

No comments:

Post a Comment